Cheryl Debono – Owner/ Photographer
“I’m a child of the 70s and grew up photographing from the stands at Led Zeppelin, Fleetwood Mac and Todd Rundgren concerts.”
Having been in the photography business for more than 25 years has given me the opportunity to watch families grow. I get the opportunity to document their lives, see my images on their walls and know they enjoy them every day. People actually tell me they think of me when they look at their photos, and that means lots of good energy flowing my way!
When I’m not doing photography at our Cleveland photo studio, I’m busy biking, working out, cooking the Paleo way, meditating or spending time with my family. I also love listening to live music and our photo studio features Art Jams to showcase local musicians and artists.
What I'm Best At...
With more than 25 years of photography under my belt, I thrive on experimenting and continuing to keep up with technology. At this point in my career, I am a pro at creating timelines, keeping things organized and handling whatever is thrown my way. Nothing can surprise me at this point. I’ve seen it all! I absolutely love working with natural light and incorporating unique props into the photos I shoot. I have a slight obsession with chairs and I collect them.
I also make a point to connect with my clients. I want to know them on a personal level so I can capture photos that are true to who they are. One of my fondest memories up until this point is when I once told a mom to bring her wedding dress to her 7 year old daughter’s “dress up” session. I told her we will put her in your dress and someday she will have a photo of her in your wedding dress and one in her own. Well… that day happened. How Time flies. I take pride in documenting photos my clients are proud to display and treasure for their entire lives.
What I Bring to the Table...
• I have experience in every type of photography imaginable from commercial, portraits, weddings, aerials … I’ve done it all.
• I started working in photography right out of high school doing portraits in department stores. It helped me form a base for portraiture lighting and posing.
• I worked in photo labs processing film and printing photographs helping me to learn how to shoot, develop, print, critique and improve my photography skills. Yes, I have shot with a film camera, something so foreign to many photographers these days.
• Opened my first business in a retail space after working out of my home. I operated several locations, one locally in Strongsville, Ohio that had an art gallery in the front hosting over 40 artists of all mediums. We had art openings and I even ventured out into experimenting with jewelry making, oil painting, pottery, even welding! I now appreciate the talent that artists possess. I continued with my macro floral photography that was displayed in several galleries across the country.
Some of my professional work includes:
- Taste of Excellence Caterers
- Southwest General Health Center
- Cleveland Chop
- Executive Caterers
- Jacobs Field and Gund Arena (progression photos)
- The City of Strongsville
- National Enquirer
- Pat Catan’s / Darice
- Metro Hospital
- Oswald Insurance
- Parker Hannifin
- Patrons of the Arts in the Vatican Museums
- Sky group
- Somat Engineering
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Osborn Engineering
- UBS Financial Services
- First National Bank
- RNC clients Real Clear Politics, ITI, WETA, PBS and NewsHour Productions
- Just to name a few...
Don’t decide on a photographer without meeting them first. See if I’m a good fit for your upcoming Cleveland photography session, in the area or worldwide. Schedule a one-on-one consultation today!